I love chocolate cups. Reese’s, Justin’s, Theo peanut butter cups are my jam, but I also love coconut. So I bring to you chocolate coconut cups. They are just the right amount of chocolate and coconut.
To make these, you’ll need:
Dark chocolate, I love to use Theo because it’s dairy free
Roasted Coconut Chips, you can buy them already roasted or roasted them yourself
1 cup roasted shredded coconut/coconut chips
¼ cup coconut oil melted
¼ cup coconut butter melted
1 bar of Theo Dark Chocolate melted, use more if you want
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners, set aside for later.
- In food processor, combine coconut chips, coconut oil, and coconut butter. Blend for several minutes until all liquid, this may take a while but just keep blending!
- When the coconut is at desired consistency add in cinnamon and blend again.
- Divide coconut mixture evenly in the cupcake liners, this recipe makes around 10, then put pan in freezer.
- After twenty minutes, take pan out of the freezer and drizzle as much melted chocolate on top of the coconut as you want. I like lots of chocolate 😉
- When done adding chocolate, put pan back in freezer until hardened.
When you cups have all hardened take them out of the liner and put in container to enjoy throughout the day! I highly recommend leaving the cups either refrigerated or in the freezer, because of the coconut oil and coconut butter the cups can get melt-y.
This recipe is so simple and easy to make into your own, you can try it with peanut butter in place of coconut, sub vanilla in place of the cinnamon, or add some Himalayan pink salt on top to make salted dark chocolate.
xx Laney Joy